- "If you’d have known what Turnbull was going to do to Calvert, would you have left?"
- —Jonah Hex asking Rip Hunter why he abandoned the town.[src]
Calvert was a town in Oklahoma that was destroyed by Quentin Turnbull in 1868.
Rip Hunter came to Calvert on a mission from the Time Masters. However, he started to experience temporal drift being drawn to the heroism that the Old West had to offer and stayed in Calvert. During his stay in the town, Rip met Jonah Hex. Rip left in 1868, but Quentin Turnbull sacked and destroyed the town the day after he left which left Jonah resentful of Rip for abandoning him and the town.
In 1874, Hex got his revenge on Turnbull for burning down Calvert. Hex and the Legends stopped Turnbull's plans for creating his own lawless country and Hex captured him and turned him over to the authorities.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- "The Magnificent Eight" (photos)
- "Outlaw Country" (mentioned)
Behind the scenes
- In real life, Calvert is a city in Texas. However, it wasn't destroyed like this one.