- "Bees. I like bees."
- —Brie Larvan[src]
Working at Mercury Labs
Brie once worked at Mercury Labs, developing robotic bees for agricultural purposes. However, she continued to develop them for military-grade application, leading to Lindsay Kang and Bill Carlisle reporting her to their boss, Tina McGee. For this, she was fired.
Targeting her former co-workers
Growing bitter from being fired, Brie began to go after her former co-workers. She sent her bees remotely after Lindsay Kang and then Bill Carlisle, killing them both by injecting copious amounts of apitoxin. She was almost thwarted by The Flash and his team, but the bees stung The Flash, nearly killing him. Brie sent her bees after Tina McGee, but before long she was located by the S.T.A.R. Labs team, who sent The Flash. She sent some bees to swarm him, but was fought for control by Felicity Smoak. In the end, Felicity was able to both turn them off, as well as redirect the bees directed at Dr. McGee, in turn short-circuiting them. She was ultimately captured by the Flash.
Taking Palmer Tech hostage
Shortly after being imprisoned at Iron Heights Prison, Brie Larvan learned that a tumor was attached to her spine and the surgery to remove it would cost her the use of her legs. Not wanting this outcome and learning about the technology used by Felicity Smoak to walk again, Brie Larvan hacked prison records to change her release date to March 29, 2016. Brie then reactivated and added upgrading software to her bees. She then went to Palmer Tech and took its Board of Directors hostage killing a member in the process, demanding to know where Felicity is. She then sent a message throughout the building demanding Felicity to surrender herself in 10 minutes or she would start killing Board members. After several minutes of her bees chasing Felicity, Thea, and Donna, the Green Arrow, Black Canary and Spartan showed up. They attempted to get through but were stopped by Brie's bees resulting in the Green Arrow getting stung and forcing Brie to add another 5 minutes to her demands due to the sudden appearance of the Green Arrow. After Felicity and Thea rescued the board members, Brie then proceeded to take them hostage. Trying to stall for time, Felicity gave Brie access to the lab where the designs for the spinal chip was held. However, after getting the designs Brie recognized the code as something similar to the code used by the hacker that sent her to jail. Wanting to get revenge for her imprisonment, Brie went back to Felicity's office to kill her. Before she could kill Felicity the Green Arrow burst into the room having recovered from their earlier encounter. The Green Arrow then fired an arrow at her bees which held a virus developed by Curtis Holt. Her bees were then shut down by Curtis. She then shot the Green Arrow with her gun and soon began to threaten everybody in the room. Curtis however reactivated the bees himself which then proceeded to sting her multiple times causing her to fall into a coma. SCPD then picked up her up and took her to Starling General Hospital to be treated.
Brie is a zealous and ambitious scientific mind. It can be she was once a humane person who had intended her inventions - namely a swarm of robotic bees - for development and progress as they were initially put to agricultural use. However, somewhere along the line, her vision had became distorted as she then began to see their potential for military use. She was then thwarted by the whistle-blowing efforts of her co-workers Lindsay Kang and Bill Carlisle who reported her actions to their boss, Tina McGee, who was forced to terminate her employment. Brie then became bitter, cold and vengeful, willing to kill the people she blamed for ruining her life, without hesitation to hurt innocents when necessary in pursuit of her plan. Brie can be described as intelligent, calculating and fiercely confident. She does not take well to betrayal and even when confronted by opponents who are more powerful than she is, like the Flash, she does not back down.
- Genius-level intellect: Brie is very intelligent, as it took her years to develop robotic bees.
- Computer specialist/Master computer hacker: Brie is a highly skilled computer specialist and hacker, she was able to hack into the computers from S.T.A.R. Labs, and cause one of the computers to explode, her computer specialist and hacking skills are at Felicity Smoak's level.
- Robotic bees: Brie created robotic bees for agricultural use. However, she later designed them for military use, with the venom in each their stingers powerful enough to kill a full-grown elephant.
- In the DC comics, Bug-Eyed Bandit is a villain of The Atom, but is in fact a male named Bertram Larvan.
- Cisco initially planned on naming Brie as "Queen Bee". In the DC comics, Queen Bee has been a name shared by four super-villains, two of which are extraterrestrials who rule over an insect planet, while the other two are human queens of the fictional nation of Bialya. Some incarnations have been associated with H.I.V.E. and were known under the alias of the H.I.V.E. Queen.