- "Robotics have been a passion of my family ever since my great-great-great-great grandfather founded this company."
- —Dr. Bryce[src]
Dr. Bryce is a robotics engineer in the Kasnia Conglomerate and a distant relative of Ray Palmer. She helps maintain the robotic peacekeeping forces based upon the designs of Ray's original A.T.O.M. Exosuit.
At some point before 2147, Dr. Bryce became one of the top scientists in the Kasnia Conglomerate, her sphere of expertise being the development of the Conglomerate's robotic law enforcement officers. When the time-traveling members of Rip Hunter's team, Ray Palmer, Jefferson Jackson and Martin Stein, approached the Conglomerate claiming to be representatives from Central City, she was the one to give them a tour of her lab featuring the development of A.T.O.M. Exosuit technology in the Conglomerate, and noting on Ray Palmer's likeness to the bust of Sidney Palmer, his brother. Stein asked her why she choose a field in robotics, responding that it was in her blood, being inspired by her great-great-great-great grandfather.
She later walked in on Ray and Kendra Saunders attempting to shut down the robots. She held them at gunpoint, wondering where he got the A.T.O.M. Exosuit he was wearing. Ray tried to explain that he was her great-great-great-great grandfather, but she was skeptical that he was Sidney Palmer, which made Ray guess that it was Sidney who claimed the A.T.O.M. technology as his own following his brother's apparent death. Kendra was able to convince her to help Ray deactivate the Conglomerate's robot army, persuading Dr. Bryce that the robotic enforcers would have been used in wars, rather than just as the protectors of peace and order, so shutting them down was the right thing to do as a descendant of Palmers.
- Genius-level intellect/Robotics engineer: Like her ancestors, Dr. Bryce continued their role as a scientist, specializing in robotics, taking a role in the creation and presentation of new A.T.O.M. robots for the Kasnia Conglomerate.
- Basic Marksmanship: Dr. Bryce is able with a pistol, showed when she held Kendra Saunders and Ray Palmer at gunpoint, however the extent of her skill with guns is unknown.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Behind the scenes
- The character was initially named Rachel Turner.
- Dr. Helen Bryce was originally a character from Smallville, another TV series based on DC Comics. In that series, she was an antagonist and the wife of Lex Luthor.