- "You don't think you need us anymore. Look Rip, this is our mess. You have to let us fix it."
- "Using your team to fix anything is like doing brain surgery with a chainsaw."
- —Sara Lance and Rip Hunter
When the Legends realize that they broke the timeline, Rip Hunter arrives with his new organization - the Time Bureau - to relieve them of duty. The Legends are thrilled to get a chance to put the team back together but a new threat arises when Rory spots Julius Caesar in Aruba. Sara, Nate and Ray devise a plan to steal the Waverider back from the Time Bureau in order to try and stop Julius Caesar from conquering the modern world.
- The title is a pun that both references the beach party that is held at Aruba during the episode and refers to "A Rubicon" that Caesar tells Sara to pass later in the episode, referencing his decision to go against the orders of the Roman Senate.
- Stein exclaims "Great Caesar's ghost!", a phrase popularly used by DC character Perry White.
- Ray and Nate parody a phrase popularly attributed to Julius Caesar, "I came, I saw, I conquered" (or in it's original Latin form, "Veni, vidi, vici"), instead replacing the last section with "we kicked Caesar's ass".
- As of this episode, both Sara and Ray have revealed to the world (2017) that they are still alive.
- Nate and Jax agree that they're "pretty good at taking down legions", in reference to Caesar's legion of Romans. This is a nod to the Legion of Doom, the previous season's main villains.
Preparation ran from July 7 until July 17, 2017. Shooting began on July 18 and ran until July 28, 2017.
|DC's Legends of Tomorrow season 3|
|"Aruba-Con" • "Freakshow"|
|"Zari" • "Phone Home" • "Return of the Mack" • "Helen Hunt" • "Welcome to the Jungle" • "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 4" • "Beebo the God of War"|