- "Uh guys, I think we broke time."
- —Sara Lance
As the Legends are about to take off for their next destination, a massive timequake rocks the ship. In order to try and fix what has happened, they are forced to break the one cardinal rule of time travel. But if they are able to destroy the spear, they will face the ultimate consequence.
- The near end of this episode is quite similar to the near end of the first season finale, "Legendary". These similarities include:
- Rip Hunter gets a vision of his deceased family in the first season finale while getting rid of the meteor in the sun and in this episode Sara gets a vision of her deceased sister while using the Spear of Destiny.
- Mick Rory telling Snart goodbye in 2013 and in this episode he brings him back to 2014 and tells him a final goodbye.
- At the end of the first season finale the Legends get alerted by a timequake and in this episode when they return to 2017, a timequake hits the Waverider to which they realize they crash history.
- While Sara and Jax are trying to prevent the younger Legends returning to the ship, they claim that there is a nuclear leak, in an exchange similar to Han Solo's attempt to prevent Imperial forces coming to the detention level in Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope.
- Due to Eobard Thawne's time remnant being destroyed by Hunter Zolomon's Black Flash incarnation, Eobard has been virtually made non-existent due to never having existed in the first place, and as a result, has been totally annihilated. Eobard's original self was erased from existence by his own ancestor Eddie Thawne when he killed himself in The Flash Season 1 Finale "Fast Enough". However, Thawne's younger self, as depicted in Season 2 of Flash, continues to exist as a time remnant to keep the timeline intact and prevent further paradoxes.
- It is revealed that Thawne recruited Snart in 2014 which implies he joined the Legion of Doom sometime after Going Rogue.
- The Legends facing off to the Legion is very similar to when they were fighting the Dominators in the episode "Invasion!"
- During Sara's vision of Laurel, the 1939 movie "The Wizard of Oz", can be seen playing on the TV.
- When Nate is in the Waverider with the pre-Doomworld versions of his teammates, he builds an excuse using words on objects around him just like in the movie Usual Suspects.
- Jack Turner only spoke one line during the episode.
- The way how Jax knocks out Malcolm Merlyn is a bit similar to when Oliver Queen knocks him out in the Arrow Season 1 Finale "Sacrifice" in which Oliver pierced an arrow through his chest and in this episode Jax put an arrow in his leg and knocked him out afterwards.
- The conclusion of the episode was reminiscent of the Doctor Who episode, "The Wedding of River Song" where dinosaurs and other past elements existed in the present day after River Song altered a fixed point in time. An episode which Arthur Darvill was featured in.
- The title of this episode is the name of a country which is located in the Netherlands. Its a place where Mick Rory suggests to the Legends that they should go after defeating the Legion to celebrate.
- ↑ Legends of Tomorrow Season Finale Description: “Aruba” - DCLegendsTV
- ↑ Nick Zano (@NICKZANO) - Twitter
- ↑ Caity Lotz (@caitylotz) - Twitter
|DC's Legends of Tomorrow season 2|
|"Out of Time" • "The Justice Society of America" • "Shogun" • "Abominations" • "Compromised" •"Outlaw Country" • "Invasion!" • "The Chicago Way" • "Raiders of the Lost Art" • "The Legion of Doom" • "Turncoat" • "Camelot/3000" • "Land of the Lost" • "Moonshot" • "Fellowship of the Spear" • "Doomworld" • "Aruba"|