- For the vigilante archer known as The Arrow, see Oliver Queen. For the comic book series, see Arrow (comic book series).
Arrow is a television series, and a modern retelling of the DC Comics series Green Arrow. The series premiered on October 10, 2012. Stephen Amell portrays the eponymous, lead character, Oliver Queen, who fights crime as a vigilante. On February 13, 2014, The CW renewed Arrow for a third season, which premiered on October 8, 2014. Arrow was renewed for a fourth season on January 11, 2015
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/The Arrow (season 1–present)
- Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance/Black Canary (season 1–present)
- Colin Donnell as Tommy Merlyn (season 1) (guest 2-3)
- David Ramsey as John Diggle (season 1–present)
- Willa Holland as Thea Queen (season 1–present)
- Paul Blackthorne as Quentin Lance (season 1–present)
- Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen (seasons 1–2)
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak (season 1–present)
- Colton Haynes as Roy Harper/Arsenal (seasons 1-3)
- Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke (seasons 1-2) (guest 3)
- John Barrowman as Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer (season 1–present)
After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for 5 years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the North China Sea. When he returns home to Starling City, his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, and best friend Tommy welcome him home, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While Oliver hides the truth about the man he has become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was. Most particularly, he seeks reconciliation with his ex-girlfriend, Laurel Lance.
As Oliver reconnects with those closest to him, he secretly creates the persona of Arrow, a vigilante archer, to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society and restore Starling City to its former glory. By day, Oliver plays the role of a wealthy, carefree, and careless philanderer he used to be flanked by his devoted chauffeur and bodyguard, John Diggle, while carefully concealing the secret identity he turns to under the cover of darkness. However, Laurel's father, Detective Quentin Lance, is determined to arrest Arrow for operating in his city. Meanwhile, Oliver's own mother, Moira, knows much more about the deadly shipwreck than she has let on and is more ruthless than he could ever imagine.
At the beginning of each episode (with the exception of fifteen episodes: "Pilot", "Vertigo", "Sacrifice", "City of Heroes", "Seeing Red", "City of Blood", "Streets of Fire", "Unthinkable", "The Calm", "The Climb", "Left Behind", "Canaries", "The Return", "Nanda Parbat" and "Suicidal Tendencies") a voiceover of Oliver Queen describes briefly the hardships that Oliver faced on Lian Yu. He states that as he has returned, he has decided to help out the people of his city, honoring both his father and his friend, respectively.
- "My name is Oliver Queen. For five years I was stranded on an island with only one goal: survive. Now I will fulfill my father's dying wish. To use the list of names he left me and bring down those who are poisoning my city. To do this, I must become someone else. I must become.. something else."
- "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years on a hellish island, I have come home with only one goal: to save my city. But to do so, I can't be the killer I once was. To honor my friend's memory, I must be someone else. I must be... something else."
- "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I have come home with only one goal: to save my city. Now others have joined my crusade. To them I'm Oliver Queen. To the rest of Starling City, I am someone else. I am... something else.