- For his Roman alter-ego, see Mars
- "Surrender your prisoner in the name of Ares, the god of war!"
- "Mars is the Roman god of war, Jefferson."
- —Jefferson Jackson and Martin Stein[src]
Ares is a god of war in Greek mythology.
At some point Greek mythology established that Ares was a god of war. Roman mythology then based Mars on Ares.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Behind the scenes
- In the Greek mythology Ares is indeed a god of war, one of the Twelve Olympians, and the son of Zeus and Hera. He often represents physical, violent and untamed aspects of war, in contrast to his sister Athena, whose functions as a goddess of intelligence include military strategy and generalship.
- In the DC comics Ares, derived from the Greek mythology is famously a villainous cosmic entity who acts as antagonist to Wonder Woman. Although Ares is sometimes called Mars, there are numerous separate versions of that character as well, some of them co-existing with Ares.
- ↑ ""