- "But angels here? I mean... I have so many questions I want to ask them."
- "Good luck with that, luv. They're real cagey types."
- —Zed Martin and John Constantine[src]
Angels are winged celestial beings created by God. They are generally benevolent spirits that live in Heaven and are bound to keep the free will of humans intact as part of a "plan." They also serve as God's messengers and soldiers against the demons of Hell.
Angels can also be exiled or fall from Heaven if their wings get damaged or if they commit any indiscretions. The former makes them tangible and weak in the physical world and can also lead them to cease from existing if they stay in that state for too long. The latter condemns them to Hell, changing their white wings to black.
Powers and abilities
- Chronokinesis: Angels can prevent time from moving, utilizing the power to talk anyone they wish.
- Teleportation: They can transport from place to place, seemingly in no time at all.
- Reality perception distortion: They can appear to completely change features of reality, for instance making it as if it has stopped raining.
- Pyrokinesis: Manny once displayed pyrokinetic capabilities.
- Superhuman strength: Angels have immense supernatural strength. It appears that some angels are stronger than others; Manny effortlessly defeated Imogen by easily ripping out her heart.
- Resurrection: They have the power to bring the dead back to life. For instance, Imogen was able to resurrect a man after giving him a feather from one of her wings.
- Accelerated healing factor: They have the ability to heal any superficial lesion, illness, even cancers and tumors.
- Possession: Angels can possess human bodies and use them as hosts while also manifest their supernatural powers through them.
- Flight: They are able to use their wings to take flight.
- Immortality: Angels are beyond age, illness, and most forms of physical harm in the mortal realm. They can, however, be harmed by other supernatural beings and strong mystics, like John Constantine. Also, being exposed to the Air of Hades can instantly knock out an angel.
- Nigh-Omnipotence: The first angels, the Archangels, possess near-omnipotent levels of supernatural power exceeded only by God Himself.
- Imogen (fallen angel)