- "You're crazy."
"I don't judge you!"
- —Police Officer and Alex Faust[src]
At some point in his life, Alex Faust had three children with an unnamed woman. He was also a lead expert on a controlled demolition team, who worked for Brick Droppers Inc. While demolishing a building, a group of kids managed to get inside, without anyone noticing. Faust detonated the building and all kids were killed, three of them, who were his own. This lead to his insanity and he started to use his skills to wreak havoc. 
After his first encounter to Team Arrow, Faust become known as professional terrorist known to both SCPD and Team Arrow. Five months after the fall of Prometheus, he and a group of highly trained mercenaries appeared at Star City docks and launched a MGM-140 missile, demanding ransom at the risk of destroying the city hall and surrounding buildings. Faust was caught by Green Arrow, but remained confident that the vigilante could not disarm or disable the missile. Unfortunately for the terrorist, Mr Terrific's T-Sphere allowed him to access the missile's targeting mechanism and redirect it towards a safer target.
Faust was then taken into police custody, where he was interrogated on how he managed to buy a missile and hire highly expensive mercenaries. Faust asked for a can of soda to jog his mind, but was ultimately able to turn the soda can into a weapon, attacking his interrogating officer and making a makeshift explosive to bomb the Star City Police Department, right on schedule for Black Siren's group. Black Siren arrived at the scene, complimenting Faust on his work, to which he replied that he was humbled to serve such professionals. The bombing of SCPD later allowed Black Siren's team to launch an attack on Arrowcave, which Faust also joined as her prime lieutenant.
Faust continued his operations in Star City, becoming a high priority target for Team Arrow. Led by the new Green Arrow, John Diggle, the team apprehended Alex and his allies, with Wild Dog making sure that Faust be taken down, with "no more bombs for him" to go back to.
Before his children's death, Alex Faust was apparently a caring man who loved his children. After killing them unintentionally, he went insane.
Faust, an "evil genius" in his own right, has a great pride in his terrorist activities and never loses his cool in face of danger. He showed immense pleasure in his craft, laughing giddily as his makeshift bomb was ready to explode. He has also shown loyalty to Laurel Lance, calling his designs mere "humble work" when she praised his skills. Faust has a tendency to speak in complex, "sophisticated" terms, often addressing his enemies and captors in a sarcastic manner.
- High-level intellect/Skilled leader: Faust has extensive knowledge of explosives and weaponry, using his talents for running a terrorist cell. Faust inspired loyalty into fellow terrorists under his command. Faust was able to set up and operate a military-grade MGM-140 missile.
- Explosives expert: Faust is incredibly skilled and resourceful with explosives, having stuff on his self that can turn a soda can into a bomb in no time.
- High pain tolerance: Faust was able to survive being near the center point of the explosion and was back on his feet when Black Siren's men came in to SCPD.
- Explosive components: Alex has a number of hidden containers on his body, keeping explosive reagents for makeshift bombs.
Behind the scenes
- Although Alex Faust is not a character from DC Comics continuity, he shares his surname and certain similarities in looks and personality with the comics villain Felix Faust, who has also been adapted in Constantine. Both the terrorist and the comics character are primarily referred to as "Faust" by other characters, rather than by their given names.