Alan Chang had graduated from Hudson University with a BS in Political Science.
In 2013 Chang ran an operation on crippling Shadowspire with help from Amanda Waller, and they were exposed as not a Special Forces unit, but war profiteers.
In 2016 Chang had contacted Lyla Michaels and John Diggle seeking help due to him and other agents involved being pursued by Shadowspire leader Lieutenant Joyner. As he approached Michaels and Diggle, he was shot in kidnapped by Shadowspire operatives. He was later tortured, with his fingernails pulled, multiple lacerations to the knees, a broken arm, and contusions before his left eyeball was ripped. Finally, he was killed, while his eye was used to access A.R.G.U.S. headquarters.
- Peak of human physical condition: As a former soldier and agent of A.R.G.U.S., Chang was in a top physical condition.
- Master tactician/Leader: Chang led successful operations on A.R.G.U.S. behalf.
- High-level intellect: Chang was shown to have IQ of 140 which is quite high.
- Stealth: Chang was able to sneak up upon Lyla Michaels and John Diggle.
- Alan's hobbies, according to A.R.G.U.S. files, were tennis and running.