- "Here it is, in the future you and I have been enemies for years. There have been others, of course. There's Thawne, Zoom, DeVoe, but none of them hurt you like Savitar. He truly broke you. I have to be honest, I always was a bit jealous. But now, it's like I get to kill her too."
- —Abra Kadabra to Barry Allen[src]
"Abra Kadabra" was a criminal time traveler from the 64th century. He had outfitted his body with futuristic nanotechnology which allowed him to have a range of abilities that were almost indistinguishable from magic and sorcery in the 21st century.
The man later known as Abra Kadabra was born at some point in the 64th century. At some point, he outfitted his body with advanced nanotechnology which allowed him to possess a range of abilities that most people in the 21st century would perceive as magic. Adopting the "Abra Kadabra" name, he became a criminal exploiting time travel and breaching for his own personal gain, primarily in the 21st century.
At some point after 2017 Abra Kadabra came into contact with Barry Allen/The Flash and had several encounters that left Abra Kadabra with a bitter hatred of the Scarlet Speedster. He came to learn much about Barry's personal life including a relationship with Iris West and her death on May 23rd 2017 at the hands of his supposed greatest enemy, his corrupt temporal duplicate, Barry Allen/Savitar. He also became aware of the Flash's other enemies, such as Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash, Hunter Zolomon/Zoom and Clifford DeVoe/The Thinker, and came to know Savitar's true identity.
During his exploits, Abra Kadabra sought to return to his time and began traveling through the multiverse to obtain the technologies needed to return to the 64th century of Earth One. During his quest, he travelled through Earth Nineteen in the year 2014 and killed several people in his pursuits, including the partner (in both the professional and romantic sense) of Gypsy before fleeing to another reality.
Central City 2017
Abra Kadabra appeared in Central City to steal some more tech to build himself a way to get back to his own time. At the first tech company he infiltrated, he was confronted by two guards who he trapped in a vat and then had it fill with water so that they would drown. At his second robbery, he was confronted by the Flash. He had expected to run into the speedster but was thrown to see him look much younger than he was used to. He revealed that he knew his identity and that he knew that Barry was dealing with the impending death of his love Iris. When Barry asked what he knew about Savitar, he told him that he knew everything. Barry rushed to take him but yanked away a phony arm before Abra Kadabra moved to escape. However, Gypsy appeared through a breach and attacked. He quickly created a shower of cards to cover his teleporting escape.
He then went to Star Labs where he incapacitated both Julian Albert and Joe West. Before he could kill any of them, he was quickly apprehended by Barry and Abra Kadabra quickly told him that he could tell him everything he knew about Savitar, in particular his true name. He was thrown into the pipeline as Barry and the West family asked him what he knew about Savitar. Abra Kadabra gave them some trivial information about what he would do in the future but wouldn't reveal Savitar's name for free. In exchange for the information, he wanted his freedom as he knew Gypsy would take him back to Earth Nineteen for execution. Later, he was visited again by Joe, who wanted to take the deal in order to save his daughter's life. He opened the door and held Abra Kadabra at gun point. Just as Abra was about to tell him Savitar's name, Gypsy interrupted and he used the distraction to escape. He then went to Dr. Wells' Time Vault and stole a power source in order to complete his time machine. Before he could leave, he was confronted by Team Flash and Gypsy and he set off a bomb to escape, seriously injuring Caitlin Snow.
Before he could leave 2017, he was pursued by Barry and Wally with Gypsy and Cisco moving to cut off his escape attempts. He managed to open a wormhole but before he could fly into it, Barry crashed through the window of his ship and pulled him out and he watched in despair as the ship returned to the future without him. As Gypsy was taking him back to Earth Nineteen for trial and execution, he was confronted again by Barry. He tried to appeal to any sense of humanity that Abra Kadabra had to get him to tell him who Savitar was. Abra merely smiled and told him that all through Barry's life, he had a slew of enemies including himself, though none managed to truly break him save for Savitar by taking the one thing he really cared about. He admitted that he was jealous of the godly speedster for that feat, but now, denying him the information, it made him feel like he took Iris from Barry as well. He was then taken away by Gypsy to the breach for Earth Nineteen.
Powers and abilities
- Techno-magic: Abra Kadabra was augmented with various nanotechnology infused into his body, which allowed him to perform various superhuman feats. To the perception of people from an earlier era, his 64th century technology could easily be mistaken for magic.
- Conjuration: Abra Kadabra was able to spontaneously cause water to be created from within a glass chamber with no known water sources nearby. He even converted a few playing cards into several hundreds of playing cards.
- Hologram projection: Abra Kadabra can project holograms from thin air, even when he is not in the vicinity.
- Inter-dimensional travel: Abra Kadabra was capable of traveling between different universes, but not time itself.
- Technopathy: Abra Kadabra was able to combine his conjuration and technology manipulation to cause Joe's gun to squirt out water. He could command various technologies in S.T.A.R. Labs and even the former-futuristic lair of Eobard Thawne. Additionally, he can cause machines to explode.
- Teleportation: Abra Kadabra was able to teleport in and out of anything. He could use this ability to teleport others such as when he trapped two police officers in a glass cube.
- Vibe immunity: Cisco Ramon tried to find Abra Kadabra by using the prosthetic arm Barry pulled off of him before he escaped, without success, with Gypsy stating that: "Whatever he's doing, it renders him invisible to us."
- Power-dampening tech: Abra Kadabra's powers appeared to operate similar to a meta-human. As such, S.T.A.R. Lab's power-dampening tech, including specialized handcuffs and cells, prevent him from using his powers.
The Chronicles of Cisco
- Post 55 (mentioned)
- Abra Kadabra was indirectly responsible for Caitlin finally becoming Killer Frost, due to giving her the stab wound that forced her meta-human powers to heal her.
- Due to the fact that Savitar has been erased from existence, the future Abra Kadabra comes from may change as well, so it's possible that a version of him from a different point in time may return.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Abra Kadabra is an enemy of the Flash, a magician from the 64th century, where technology completely replicated something that would have been seen as magic centuries ago. With no interest for magicians in his century, Citizen Abra traveled through time, trying to earn pride and adoration in the Flash's era, both with magic shows and masterful crimes, seeking attention at all costs. After losing his technology, he makes a deal with a demon for magical powers.